A UNIQUE LIFESTYLE MARKET
Blenheim EquiSport’s nationally-rated horse shows attract 500-800 horses with a corresponding 1,500-2,500 people directly tied to the horse show on the grounds each day. The overall attendance at Blenheim EquiSports events, including spectators, is expected to exceed 220,000 visitors annually.
Annual off-site spending by horse show attendees exceeds $52 MILLION*
HIGH QUALITY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Equestrian competitors and spectators constitute an ideal market for high-quality products and services. As a group, they are well educated, have ample, significant disposable income, and have the time to use it in pursuit of their passions. Other factors, including age and profession, make them a perfect target audience for brands seeking an upscale market.
- 85% are women
- 63% are married
- A majority are between 34-54 years of age
- 66% have a college degree or better
- 80% make or directly influence purchasing decisions at work
- 28% have a net worth over $2 MILLION
- 40% of equestrians in Southern California have income above $700,000
- 40% own a farm; 66% of those are ten acres or more
- 63% have traded stocks, bonds, or mutual funds in the last year
- The market value of the average home is $594,000
- 22% own two or more homes
- They spend 30 nights per year, on average, in a hotel and rent a vehicle four times per year
- They own/lease three vehicles per household; 53% own a pick-up truck
- The average value of all horses owned per household is $87,000
- 94% own a pet besides a horse or pony
- 43% take more than 16 airline trips a year
- 86% are likely to buy products from companies sponsoring events
*Source: “Tourism Economics 2021″
ECONOMIC IMPACT OF THE RIDING PARK
The Rancho Mission Viejo Riding Park is an important driver of visitation and economic activity in San Juan Capistrano, supporting local jobs and income. The Riding Park generates significant economic impacts as the Riding Park spends money in the local economy to sustain operations, including spending on payroll, horse show expenses, facility maintenance, and general and administrative expenses.
In addition, out-of-town event participants and attendees spend money while attending events at the Riding Park and at off-site establishments during their stay in San Juan Capistrano, including local restaurants, hotels, retailers, and recreation/entertainment venues.